Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home



Hey Everyone. We just got back last week at 1:00 a.m. in the morning with only one man left behind (waiting for the bus to get a new transmission in Bend, with a bottle of wine...at his parents sweet estate up there so don't cry for him too much).

After a tire blowout on the first leg of the trip in the middle of the night and still getting to our Eugene radio spot and a busted trany at 4;00 a.m. in the middle of nowhere we still are very excited about the trip! The Radio Promo stuff went great and we got a great response wherever we went: offers to come on air whenever we wanted, Program Directors saying they would add us the next week, to DJ's saying that they were going to fight for us. We came home to emails from people who heard us in the Midwest, Southwest, Northeast and on podcasts saying how much they loved the band.

Thanks again to all of you who set it up or kept working on other adds. BIG THANKS to KEVIN for showing us how it is done and what passion about music and what you are doing is all about, and to Jodi for babysitting us every step of the way.

As we all talked after watching our bus get towed and $3,000 go up in smoke, many of us red eyed from getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep for the past few nights, we were still excited about what we are doing, the music, and the ride that comes when you do something as illogical as going on the road to follow our passion!

Thanks to all of you.

Five A.M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in North Idaho and heard your radio interview on 95.3 Sandpoint station-one of my favorite stations. I was so impressed with your interview and your sound that I just kept driving. I drove around a nearby lake route that I grew up by and just love. Your music and the drive made a wonderful closure to my day and a beautiful opener to my evening. Sorry about your recent mishaps on the road-but maybe it will help keep the creative juices running. Also, I was so impressed with your music that I went online and bought a CD for my husband for our anniversary. Thanks for adding a little more beauty to our world. :)